Terms and Conditions
Lema Publishing Ltd
Conditions of Acceptance
In these conditions, the term ‘Advertiser’ shall mean the party who books the space and is responsible.
1. The PUBLISHER reserves the right to refuse, amend, withdraw or otherwise deal with all advertisements submitted to him at his absolute discretion and without explanation. All advertisements must comply with the British Code of Advertising Practice.
2. The PUBLISHER will not be liable for any loss or damage consequential or otherwise occasioned by error, late publication or the failure of an advertisement to appear form any cause whatsoever.
3. The ADVERTISER will indemnify the PUBLISHER against any damage and/or loss and/or expense which the PUBLISHER may incur as a direct consequence of the ADVERTISER’s announcement.
4. The PUBLISHER reserves the right to increase advertisement rates at any time at any time or to amend the terms contract as regards space or frequency of insertion. In such event the ADVERTISER has the option of cancelling the balance of the contract without surcharge.
5. The PUBLISHER reserves the right to refuse stop-orders, cancellations or transfers unless they are received not less than two months prior to copy dates, or three months in the case of cover positions.
6. If the ADVERTISER cancels the balance of a contract, except in the circumstances stated in paragraph four, all unearned series discount will be surcharged. The PUBLISHER reserves the right to surcharge in the event of insertions not being completed within the contractual period.
7. Where the ADVERTISER has undertaken to supply inserts which have been accepted and approved by the PUBLISHER, the PUBLISHER reserves the right to charge rate agrees of they fail to arrive at the agreed time and place for insertion.
8. The PUBLISHERS terms of payment.
Payment of accounts shall be made not later than 30 days from date of invoice (Invoices are normally dated on or within a few days of the date of distribution of the journal to which they refer).
The existence of a query on any individual item in an account shall not affect to due date of payment of the balance of the account. We shall make a surcharge of two per cent of the cost of any advertisement for which payment has not been despatched on or before the 30th day following the due date. The said surcharges shall be applied to the gross cost of an advertisement and shall not be subject to any commission to which an agency may otherwise be entitled.
9. Display copy must be supplied 21 days before date of issue booked, in the event of copy instructions not being received by the copy date the PUBLISHER reserves the right to repeat the copy last used. The ADVERTISER is responsible for the quality of images supplied via email or disc.
10. Lema Publishing cannot be held responsible for any advertisement supplied with incorrect Overprint.
11. Provided copy is received by the stipulated copy date, except in the case of repeat advertisements, the PUBLISHER will endeavour to provide proofs.
12. All display advertisement orders, amendments and cancellations are acknowledged. Proof of posting of advertisement instructions will not be accepted as evidence of receipt.
13. The ADVERTISER shall be responsible for the insurance of all photographs etc, discs and other advertisement material delivered by him to the PUBLISHER and the PUBLISHER cannot accept any liability for any loss or damage.
14. The PUBLISHER reserves the right to destroy all advertising copy and other material which have been in his (or his printer’s) custody for three months provided always that the ADVERTISER, or his agent, has been given instructions to the contrary. The PUBLISHER may excersise this right, without giving further notice to the ADVERTISER.
15. All Advertisements due to appear in any publication belonging to Lema Publishing Ltd. Which includes the journal will only be accepted on the condition that the ADVERTISER warrants that the Advertisement does not in any way contravene the provisions of the Trade Descriptions Act, 1968, or the Sex Discriminations Act, 1975.
16. The placing of an order for the insertion of an advertisement shall amount to an acceptance of the above conditions and any conditions stipulated on an agency’s order form elsewhere, by an agency or an advertiser shall be void insofar as they are in conflict with them.